A finance organization of 4,000 employees at a multinational information technology company
What We Did
Translated the organizations’ annual learning and development event into a series of engaging virtual sessions
Employees gained the business savvy, foundational acumen, and relevant skills to grow their careers and enable the finance organization’s vision
In typical years, the finance organization hosted an annual, in-person Finance Day where their 4,000 employees came together across different sites for a day of learning and career development. Plans changed when COVID hit, and the organization realized they needed a new approach to host Finance Day virtually. They reached out to Blue Beyond for support in turning this in-person event into three virtual learning sessions, each focused on a topic critical to the future success of the organization. The goal of the sessions was to establish the foundation needed for the finance organization to become more valued strategic partners and finance leaders by reinventing inclusion, mobilizing strategy, and elevating performance. We partnered with the client to develop key messaging, strategic communications, and virtual activities to ensure the experience was engaging, well-organized, and valuable for all participants.
WHAT WE DID
- Provided guidance and partnership in designing sessions and delivering content that was consumable, engaging, and appropriate, based on the virtual delivery method and time allotted.
- Created an editable PDF workbook for each session that employees could download in advance and use to engage in learning and participation before, during, and after Finance Days.
- Sent out a short questionnaire to all employees in advance of each session and created a dynamic intro video highlighting responses from across the organization.
- Created slides to help intro and close out each session that supported key talking points, and helped more visual learners follow along.
- Designed a Finance Day website, drafted reminder and recap emails, and created additional communications throughout Finance Days to help establish a compelling narrative and framework and to encourage preparation and participation in each session.
- Supported the creation of an interactive word game and corresponding app that engaged employees in a moment of fun, encouraged active participation, and tied all the sessions together.
The response to the virtual experience was overwhelmingly positive — with 94% of participants noting that the content was well-organized and clear and 84% of participants feeling that they gained new knowledge and tools that would be relevant to their careers. Employees had the opportunity to learn more about creating an inclusive culture, to better understand Finance’s role in the organization’s overall strategy, and to learn new skills that will enable them to drive innovation, transformation, and continuous improvement. The organization has an excitement for and appreciation of the impact and inclusion virtual events can provide, and have already committed to hosting Finance Days virtually next year.
“Wow — Blue Beyond was incredible to work with and delivered beyond my expectations. The team was collaborative, responsive, creative, accommodating, patient, and professional! Thank you so much for a great partnership!” — Chief of Staff for the Global Controller and Head of the Finance People Experience Program