Blue Beyond is a woman-owned management consulting firm that focuses on the people side of business — leadership, communication, change, culture, organizational effectiveness, talent management, and employee engagement. We partner with the world’s most innovative Fortune 1000 companies as well as groundbreaking non-profit organizations to help them build organizations where both the business and the people thrive.
Founded on a culture of deep trust, high expectations, and genuine human connection, we truly believe that each member of the Blue Beyond team is part of the secret sauce that makes us, us.
Based in Indianapolis and reporting to the Head of Visual Communications, The Visual Communications Consultant / Senior Graphic Designer plays a vital role in enabling the successful outcomes of our consulting engagements through deep listening, appreciative inquiry, and audience-centered creative execution.
We integrate visual communications and design thinking into every aspect of our consulting practice. We’re looking for someone who is an agile learner, effective communicator, and has a passion for using design to inform, engage, inspire, and motivate people. The right candidate will demonstrate excellent graphic design skills and user/audience-centered design thinking across a variety of digital and non-digital mediums.
What You’ll Do
- Ask good questions. Think diagnostically, quickly analyze scenarios, and “connect the dots” to determine the most effective creative solutions
- Use strong listening skills and design-thinking capabilities to lead effective brainstorming and collaboration within our visual communications team, our broader consulting team, and with clients
- Conceptualize, design, develop, iterate, and execute visual communications with the goal of driving and supporting the broader outcomes of our client engagements across print, digital, presentation, video, and eLearning platforms
- Collaborate with our team to design the experiences and tools that will lead our clients through a journey of discovery, learning, understanding, and transformation
- Present your work effectively, clearly articulating the proposed design solutions
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, from beginning to end
- Deliver high-quality work under time constraints
What You Bring to the Role
- A creative problem solver – excellent at managing and galvanizing teams to achieve business outcomes
- You see design as a tool to create a future that does not yet exist – not just to create a pretty picture
- Expertise in graphic design across multiple platforms – eLearning and motion graphic experience a plus
- Self-directed, self-motivated learner who is able to navigate new situations, organizations, and teams rapidly
- Comfortable managing ambiguity and adapting to changing environments
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude; ready to jump in and add immediate value
- A bias towards excellence, delivering high-quality work, and a fierce commitment to our clients’ success
- Equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively – can work effectively in person and virtually
- Strong people skills – viewed as a trusted advisor and routinely consulted for advice
- A growth mindset – willing to listen, learn, incorporate new ideas, and adapt to changing environments and client needs
- Imaginative and innovative communicator – always considering new ways to showcase content and knows how to draw out (and find) inspiration
- Commitment to Blue Beyond’s mission and values
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Must be able to work effectively on a Mac platform
- Must be proficient in:
- Adobe Creative Suite (with focus on InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) in a Mac environment
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Must have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Must have diverse online or PDF portfolio containing a wide variety of design work
- E-learning, motion graphics, and/or video experience is a plus
- Video production experience is a plus
- Some future travel required (post-COVID)
About Blue Beyond
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 45 team members in California, the Northeast, and Midwest, and clients all across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019 and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
Diversity and inclusion is more than a commitment at Blue Beyond—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equity and welcome and value diversity in its many forms. Blue Beyond is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including that related to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics prohibited by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue Beyond.