Blue Beyond is a woman-owned management consulting firm that focuses on the people side of business — leadership, communication, change, culture, organizational effectiveness, talent management, and employee engagement. We partner with the world’s most innovative Fortune 1000 companies, as well as groundbreaking non-profits and higher education institutions, to help them build organizations where both the business and the people thrive.
If you love to learn for a living and are excited to help a growing, purpose-driven company continue to attract and develop amazing talent our Talent & Organizational Development (T&OD) Manager role could be for you!
Reporting to the Head of Talent, our T&OD Manager will play a critical role in designing and optimizing talent strategies, programs, and processes that will accelerate individual and company growth including strategic talent planning, talent assessment, development planning, learning experiences, and ensuring DEI is fully embedded in all of our talent practices.
What You’ll Do
As an integral part of our team, you will help design, develop, and implement Blue Beyond’s talent strategy. With a focus on developing a team of agile, broadly skilled consultants and internal facing team members, you will reinforce our shared culture of learning for a living and equip our organization to scale and thrive. In partnership with the Head of Talent and Talent Acquisition & Onboarding Manager you will implement a holistic talent development strategy to deliver repeatable, scalable, and predictable talent development practices that support ongoing individual growth, coordinated group learning, and ensure a seamless employee experience that builds on their onboarding learning journey. You will also partner with colleagues and our DEI lead to ensure that appropriate DEI practices are embedded into talent strategies and programs.
- Design and develop talent programs and execute supporting plans to build, sustain, and scale our team’s capabilities. This will include, the co-development, execution, and ongoing management and continuous improvement of:
- An ongoing, regular talent assessment and development process to clarify development needs and opportunities, develop talent, identify high-potential talent, flag performance issues, identify leadership bench strength, and inform staffing and hiring priorities
- Individual development plans to ensure each employee can co-own their development approach informed by a clear view of their strengths, growth opportunities, and progress against achievement goals
- Learning and development programs that provide internal development opportunities for employees and integrate our Blue Beyond touchstones and competencies
- Clear processes and accountabilities that ensure timely and effective performance feedback and development opportunities
- External development opportunities – Identify, vet, and recommend e.g., conferences, trainings, experts/speakers, etc.
- The strategy and implementation of our Internship program
- Support company leaders in continuing to design and build a distinctly skilled, agile, highly adaptive, and inclusive learning organization
- Support the process to define and continuously improve structures, roles, and ways of working to ensure we have representative internal teams, roles, and structures needed to scale and deliver on our business priorities
- Support change management, team engagement, and communications related to organizational changes
Talent Processes and Systems
- Define the system requirements to support our feedback and overall talent development processes; in partnership with our IT team
- Define the system requirements and develop supporting training to build out and leverage an LMS to host, track, and facilitate our internal learning opportunities
HR Policies and Procedures
- Develop and manage policies and practices that align with our Blue Beyond culture and ensure compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
What You Bring to the Role
You bring a passion for creating exceptional employee experiences and simple, but meaningful, and repeatable talent practices and processes that drive employee learning aligned to organizational priorities. Key qualities that distinguish you include:
- A natural problem-solver with the ability to ideate and collaborate to develop new, smart, and sustainable processes
- Committed and passionate about getting the job done with excellence and pride of ownership
- Energetic, engaged, flexible, self-directed, and enjoys variety, learning, and mastering new things
- A great listener who is comfortable with ambiguity, asks good questions, learns, quickly, and finds ways to make the team better every day
- Delights in helping colleagues understand their strengths and opportunities for growth, reinforcing a growth mindset and “learning for a living” philosophy
- Committed to fostering inclusion and equity within Blue Beyond
- Practical and results oriented – with strong analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus who is versed in strategic talent planning and execution
- Strong ability to prioritize, set and meet deadlines, and simultaneously manage several projects without supervision
- Savvy at “gear-shifting”, moving seamlessly and fluidly between projects and activities, knowing how to prioritize and re-prioritize “on the fly”
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to execute and move decisions forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style. Great listener and trouble-shooter, with a focus on employee experience
- Equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively
- Committed to Blue Beyond’s mission and values
- 7+ years of success designing, building, and scaling L&D and talent programs, preferably in professional services or consulting environments
- Understanding of and deep commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and integrating sound DEI values into talent and organizational development programs
- BA/BS in human resources management, business, or related field and Masters degree in Organizational development or related field is preferred. That said, any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Familiar with key concepts of neuroscience, Situational Leadership, growth mindset, and adult learning best practices and their connection to learning and development
- Familiar with all elements of the employee lifecycle, with particular expertise in talent assessment, talent development, org design, and feedback best practices
- Demonstrated teaming skills; ability to effectively partner with a diverse range of personalities, technical skill levels, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to present information clearly and concisely in a variety of formats (e.g., facilitation, presentations, training resources, etc. etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Zoho or other similar small business enterprise platforms and HR management systems, Box and Google Suite preferred
- Ability to work effectively in person and in a virtual team environment
About Blue Beyond
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 60 team members in California, the Northeast, and Midwest, and clients across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2020, 2019, and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
Diversity and inclusion are more than a commitment at Blue Beyond—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equity and welcome and value diversity in its many forms. Blue Beyond is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including that related to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics prohibited by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue Beyond.