Blue Beyond is a woman-owned management consulting firm that focuses on the people side of business —culture, change management, organizational effectiveness, communications, talent, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. We partner with the world’s most innovative Fortune 1000 companies, as well as groundbreaking non-profit organizations, to help them build organizations where both the business and the people thrive.
Founded on a culture of deep trust, high expectations, and genuine human connection, we truly believe that each member of the Blue Beyond team is part of the secret sauce that makes us, us.
If you love to learn for a living and are excited by engaging storytelling and creating content that sparks action, our Marketing Content Manager could be the role for you!
Ideally based in Indianapolis or the surrounding area and reporting to the Lead of Marketing, the Marketing Content Manager will support marketing and business development efforts through effective storytelling and creating compelling content across all relevant touchpoints. The person who fills this role will work closely with the Marketing, Business Development, and Consulting teams to translate and deliver Blue Beyond’s voice.
- Manage Blue Beyond’s content strategy, development, and implementation in partnership with the Lead of Marketing.
- Write, edit, and publish fresh content across a variety of marketing platforms, including maintaining the company’s editorial calendar.
- Enhance company’s digital presence through blogs, social media, infographics, client stories, webpages, and eNewsletters.
- Manage company website copywriting, content updates, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts.
- Solicit content from the consulting team via interviews and final deliverables to create compelling and marketable narratives of our client work.
- Keep the pulse on new company developments and client offerings – collecting information from a variety of internal sources and translating those stories into dynamic and engaging content that differentiates us.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create targeted email campaigns and automated email touchpoints to maximize click through rates.
- Manage Blue Beyond’s social media efforts:
- Build and execute a social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Develop social media campaigns that help to achieve Blue Beyond’s strategic marketing goals.
- Monitor engagement on all social media channels and ensure that information is updated frequently.
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks that promote our brand.
- Liaise with the Senior Graphic Designer – Marketing for any marketing specific design and graphic needs.
- Support development and maintenance of the marketing team’s content and file management system.
- Participate in meetings with Blue Beyond’s agency partners on a regular basis to review performance of marketing campaigns.
- Support awards and certification applications and campaigns, such as ‘Great Place to Work,’ ‘Fortune’s Best Place to Work’, etc., including research, information gathering, and executing team surveys.
- Support additional marketing efforts, as directed by the Lead of Marketing.
What You Bring to the Role
You’ll have experience in marketing communications, content development and management, and social media management and are ready to jump in and add immediate value.
- A strong portfolio of compelling content development and storytelling capability
- Experience creating content across multiple marketing channels
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand material
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and opportunities
- Curiosity about management consulting, our service areas, and what differentiates us
- Commitment and passion for getting the job done with excellence and pride of ownership
- A great listener who asks good questions, learns quickly, and finds ways to make the team better every day
- Equally comfortable working independently and in team settings
- Ability to forge strong, collaborative relationships across teams
- Committed to Blue Beyond’s mission and values
- Minimum seven years’ relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Workspace applications
- Experience using WordPress
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal
- Has a track record of managing multiple tasks to a high level and through completion
- Ability to work effectively in person and in a virtual team environment
About Blue Beyond
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 65 team members in California, the Northeast, and Midwest, and clients all across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2020, 2019, and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
At Blue Beyond, we love building effective organizations where both the business and the people thrive. We do it for our clients and for our team members.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering an inclusive culture where learning for a living – and from each other – is a way of life. We actively nurture this culture and are committed to growing and sustaining a team that represents a true diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences, together with a workplace where everyone feels welcomed and valued.
If our approach resonates with you, you belong here. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue Beyond