At Blue Beyond, we’re looking for talented individuals located in the Pacific time zone who excel in a team setting, love to learn, and thrive on knowing that each day will be different than the day before. We’re a woman-owned small business that’s growing fast!
What is Graphic Recording?
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for motivated interns who want to learn about the power of visual communication through “graphic recording” and digital design thinking. By live capturing words and images on wall-sized paper and on a drawing tablet for virtual meetings, you will learn how to turn complex ideas into visual narratives that:
- enhance collaboration and shared understanding
- engage imagination as well as intellect
- create clarity and alignment
You’ll inspire collective learning and synthesize group dialogue by recording team meetings and brainstorming sessions. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to partner with our Visual Communications team to support internal design projects. You’ll gain exposure across a variety of industries, including the non-profit and corporate sectors. This opportunity offers a unique intersection between the art and business worlds.
What You Bring to the Role
- Fantastic listening skills with the ability to synthesize information clearly and concisely
- A knack for analyzing scenarios and “connecting dots” to determine where immediate value can be added
- Ability to think creatively to achieve business outcomes
- Strong relationship-building skills with both co-workers and clients
- Understanding of a wide variety of communication channels, tools, and technology to drive employee engagement
- Commitment to Blue Beyond’s mission and values
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Visual storytelling capabilities
- Experience managing multiple tasks through completion
- Proficient in digital drawing with Apple pencil/Ipad or comparable drawing tablet/stylus technology and drawing applications (e.g. Procreate, Adobe Illustrator Draw, Affinity Designer, etc.)
- Basic level proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- Ability to produce digital/on-line portfolio or work samples with application
- Ability to work virtually and onsite with team members in our Castro Valley, CA office when the office opens
- Currently enrolled in a BS/BA or an equivalent program in business, communications, graphic design, studio arts, or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, or equivalent tools
Fill in the webform below and include an updated resume and cover letter that address the following questions by no later than Thursday, April 22nd.
- Why are you interested in this internship with Blue Beyond Consulting?
- What is important for you in an internship? This can be type of work, work environment, collaboration, program structure, internship outcomes etc.
- What career/role/type of work would you love to be doing five years after graduation? What about that is exciting for you?