Blue Beyond is a management consulting firm that helps build organizations where both the business and people thrive − and helping our clients develop cultures characterized by diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging is essential to achieving this purpose. We are looking for collaborative team members with the vision and hands-on experience needed to help our clients build on their DEI programs and truly embed DEI values, mindsets, and practices explicitly and implicitly into every aspect of organizational culture across all touchpoints of employee experience.
As a member of our consulting team, you will apply the tools of our trade − strategic and operational change, organizational effectiveness, organizational culture, communications effectiveness, leadership and management development, talent practices, etc. − to actively support our clients and their work in a variety of ways, all while navigating environments with multiple stakeholders and nuanced organizational dynamics. You must be a self-starter with demonstrated capabilities in these practice areas, some internal or external consulting experience, and a strong orientation to client relationship management. Like all of our team members, you will be a resource for our collective learning and effectiveness, helping grow our internal team’s capabilities and expertise in the mindsets and practices related to DEI so that we all effectively incorporate those practices into our solutions and guidance to our clients.
- Recommend ways to consistently embed DEI values, principles, mindsets, practices, and language in all aspects of our work.
- Serve as an internal- and external-facing subject matter expert in the area of DEI values, principles, mindsets, practices, language, and perspectives as it relates to organizational dynamics, including a firm grasp of the broader racial and social justice context and other societal issues related to these efforts.
- Understand the external landscape on the topic of DEI – thought leaders, potential partner organizations, best practices, research and evolving trends, and local/geographic nuances – and translate that knowledge into strategies and solutions for our clients.
- Partner with and support our team by providing thought leadership regarding what the next generation of DEI efforts within companies should look like.
- Identify and recommend effective solutions for our clients. Examples include:
- Assisting clients in building DEI practices into each aspect of the employee lifecycle.
- Identifying, developing, and implementing business effectiveness initiatives and strategies that help build and sustain high-performing teams.
- Working with clients to develop programs and platforms that support an environment of growth and professional development.
- Supporting clients to define and articulate a common culture and values to support their organizational growth.
- Helping clients develop and implement effective employee engagement strategies.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues based on mutual respect and trust; work responsively and collaboratively in ways that both build and support the team, manage priorities, and deliver excellent work.
- Ask good questions. Think diagnostically, quickly analyze scenarios, and “connect the dots” to determine where value can be added.
- Partner with clients and colleagues to design and deploy organizational effectiveness and change strategies and tactics that help the people and the business thrive.
- Plan and manage complex and challenging projects. Successfully create and manage project plans and drive plan execution.
- Develop compelling content. Write and synthesize content in a variety of styles/formats that connect and inspire diverse audiences.
What You Bring to the Role
- Aptitude for meeting people where they are in their learning journey, especially as it relates to DEI initiatives and efforts.
- An empathetic and experiential approach to supporting others in their learning.
- Creative problem solver, excellent at managing and galvanizing teams to achieve business outcomes.
- Self-directed, self-motivated learner who is able to navigate new situations, organizations, and teams rapidly.
- Comfortable managing ambiguity and adapting to changing environments.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude; ready to jump in and add immediate value.
- A bias towards excellence, delivering high-quality work, and a fierce commitment to our clients’ success.
- Equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively—can work effectively in person and virtually.
- Commitment to Blue Beyond’s mission and values.
- Experience building DEI, racial and social justice themes and practices into organizational culture.
- A proven track record of partnering and collaborating with others, building effective relationships, and managing multiple stakeholder needs in order to deliver positive business results.
- In-depth experience in “people side of business” role(s) such as Human Resources, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Employee Communications, Change Management, Culture Activation, Employee Resource Groups, DEI, or other related field.
- Experience with a broad range of change and communications skill sets, including stakeholder engagement, change management, employee communications, manager enablement, strategy development, program development, and/or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/life experience required; Masters in related field a plus.
- Experience working in a range of industries.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in a variety of formats (e.g., web, blogs, video scripts, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Adept at using a wide variety of communication channels, tools, and technology.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to travel (post COVID-19)
About Blue Beyond
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 45 team members in California, the Northeast, and Midwest, and clients all across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019 and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
Diversity and inclusion is more than a commitment at Blue Beyond—it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equity and welcome and value diversity in its many forms. Blue Beyond is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including that related to age, sex, race, religion, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics prohibited by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue Beyond.