Blue Beyond is a woman-owned management consulting firm that focuses on the people side of business — culture, change management, organizational effectiveness, communications, talent, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. We partner with the world’s most innovative Fortune 1000 companies, as well as groundbreaking non-profits and higher education institutions, to help them build organizations where both the business and the people thrive.
As a member of our consulting team, a Consultant with emphasis on Culture, Change, & DEI will apply the tools of our trade − strategic and operational change, organizational effectiveness, organizational culture, communications effectiveness, leadership and management development, talent practices, etc. − to actively support our clients and their work in a variety of ways, all while navigating environments with multiple stakeholders and nuanced organizational dynamics. You must be a self-starter with demonstrated capabilities in these practice areas, some internal or external consulting experience, and a strong orientation to client relationship management. Like all of our team members, you will be a resource for our collective learning and effectiveness, supporting and contributing to our efforts to grow our internal team’s capabilities and expertise in the mindsets and practices related to culture, change, communications, and DEI, that we can embed into our client engagements.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues based on mutual respect and trust; work responsively and collaboratively in ways that both build and support the team, manage priorities, and deliver excellent work.
- Partner with clients and colleagues to design and deploy organizational effectiveness, culture, and change strategies and tactics that help the people and the business thrive.
- Ask good questions. Think diagnostically, quickly analyze scenarios, and “connect the dots” to determine where value can be added.
- Identify and recommend effective solutions for our clients. Examples include:
- Identifying, developing, and implementing business effectiveness initiatives and strategies that help build and sustain high-performing teams.
- Working with clients to develop programs and platforms that support an environment of growth, inclusion, and professional development.
- Supporting clients to define and articulate a common culture and values to support their organizational growth.
- Enabling clients to think strategically and proactively about DEI.
- Assisting clients in building DEI practices into each aspect of the employee lifecycle.
- Helping clients develop and implement effective employee engagement strategies.
- Develop compelling content. Write and synthesize content in a variety of styles/formats that connects and inspires diverse audiences.
- Serve as an internal- and external-facing subject matter expert in the area of DEI values, principles, mindsets, practices, language, and perspectives as it relates to organizational dynamics, including a firm grasp of the broader racial and social justice context and other societal issues related to these efforts.
- Understand the external landscape on the topics of DEI, culture, and change – thought leaders, best practices, research, evolving trends, and local/geographic nuances – and translate that knowledge into strategies and solutions for our clients.
- Partner with and support our team by contributing to thought leadership regarding what the next generation of DEI efforts within companies should look like.
- Plan and manage complex and challenging projects. Successfully create and manage project plans and drive plan execution.
What You Bring to the Role
- Creative problem solver, excellent at managing and galvanizing teams to achieve business outcomes.
- Ability to help our clients identify and implement their DEI potential from strategy to execution, so they can truly embed DEI values, mindsets, and practices explicitly and implicitly into every aspect of organizational culture across all touchpoints of employee experience.
- Ability to influence clients’ thinking on the importance of DEI, and to effectively manage pushback where it appears.
- Aptitude for meeting people where they are in their change and/or learning journey, especially as it relates to DEI initiatives and efforts.
- An empathetic and experiential approach to supporting others in their learning.
- Self-directed, self-motivated learner who is able to navigate new situations, organizations, and teams rapidly leveraging appropriate data, information, and research.
- Comfortable managing ambiguity and adapting to changing environments.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude; ready to jump in and add immediate value.
- A bias towards excellence, delivering high-quality work, and a fierce commitment to our clients’ success.
- Equally comfortable working independently and collaboratively—can work effectively in person and virtually.
- Commitment to Blue Beyond’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work/life experience required; Masters in related field a plus.
- Five to seven+ years’ experience in “people side of business” roles: Human Resources, Organizational Development, Talent Management, Employee Communications, Change Management, Culture Activation, DEI, or related fields.
- Experience with a broad range of change, culture, and communications skill sets, including stakeholder engagement, change management, employee communications, manager enablement, strategy development, program development, and/or related fields.
- Experience building DEI, racial, social justice, and intersectionality themes and practices into organizational culture.
- A proven track record of partnering and collaborating with others, building effective relationships, and managing multiple stakeholder needs in order to deliver positive business results.
- Experience working in a range of industries.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in a variety of formats (e.g., web, blogs, video scripts, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Adept at using a wide variety of communication channels, tools, and technology.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills, able to work well under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Able to travel (post COVID-19).
About Blue Beyond
Blue Beyond is a purpose-focused and growing management consulting firm with more than 65 team members and clients across North America. Blue Beyond has been certified as a Great Place to Work® annually since 2015 and was named one of the US’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2020, 2019, and 2017. Blue Beyond was also named one of the Best Workplaces in the Bay Area by Great Place to Work® and Fortune in 2019.
At Blue Beyond, we love building effective organizations where both the business and the people thrive. We do it for our clients and for our team members.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering an inclusive culture where learning for a living– and from each other – is a way of life. We actively nurture this culture and are committed to growing and sustaining a team that represents a true diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences, together with a workplace where everyone feels welcomed and valued.
If our approach resonates with you, you belong here. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Learn more about Blue Beyond.