Our philosophy to building effective teams is rooted in the principles of Deep Trust and High Expectations. The combination of deep trust and high expectations create a virtuous cycle where individuals feel a sense of belonging and commitment to the team purpose. In this environment, team members are motivated to contribute their very best through smart risk taking, innovation, taking personal accountability, and achieving business outcomes. These individual and collective capabilities are nurtured through a process of human connection to create breakthroughs for individuals, teams, and business performance.
Highly engaged teams show:
of organizations say team performance has a positive impact on overall productivity
(Source: Brandon Hall)
Build and sustain DEEP TRUST
- Team members know and appreciate one another as individuals
- Psychological safety is explicitly nurtured and practiced
- Productivity and respectful dialogue and debate are fostered
- Everyone receives authentic appreciation and constructive, candid feedback
Build and sustain HIGH EXPECTATIONS
- Team goals, desired outcomes, and measures of success are cohesive, ambitious, and achievable
- Individual roles, responsibilities, and interdependencies are well-defined and aligned
- Team structures, processes, and practices support effective and efficient collaboration and individual performance
- Team and individual contribution is honestly assessed
Creating an environment of deep trust and high expectations creates the conditions
for people to do their best work and for the entire team to thrive.
Key times to focus on team effectiveness
New ways of working and collaborating
Mergers and acquisitions
New vision, purpose, and strategy
Benefits of effective teams
- Increases trust
- Bolsters team motivation
- Enhances collaboration and communication
- Expands space for different perspectives
- Improves efficiency and productivity
- Boosts learning opportunities
- Increases engagement
- Amplifies innovation
“Our High Performance Team (HPT) program is focused on ensuring we understand and are equipped to deliver on our responsibilities beyond shaping the strategy and making the numbers. We need to help our company develop new ways of thinking and working that will enable faster top-line growth. HPT is helping us exercise new muscles as global change agents.”
— Mike O’Riordan, Global Platform Leader, Starch-Based Texturizers Ingredion
We take a collaborative approach — working side by side to enable your team’s success. We’ve designed customized strategies for companies of every size for more than a decade and understand the characteristics of effective teams. We leverage a variety of learning experiences and engagement tools, like 1-on-1 conversations, typology assessments, graphic recording and group discussions. Want to discuss how we can help you create your best team?
Discovery and assessment
- Provide an overview of our approach, process, and the commitments that would be required of each person.
- Focus on both the individual and the overall team mindset, norms, and behaviors of effective teams.
- The assessment includes a confidential and custom 360 degree report compiled from custom surveys, self-assessments, and 1-on-1 interviews with peers, direct reports, and key stakeholders.
Team connection and vision
- Facilitate sessions for teams to build deeper connections with each other to build on our “Deep Trust” practices and enable the culture of authentic feedback and appreciation.
- Create team vision and purpose through graphic recording sessions and facilitated discussions.
- Through facilitation and coaching, teams develop goals and focus areas to better enhance individual contribution, team performance to achieve business results.
Capability building, implementation support, and sustainability
- Build capability to support the development and achievement of goals.
- Support specific implementation on the team’s goals including coaching, communication, and change management support.
- Post assessment to understand the progress the team has made on the journey and the ways in which they can build a go forward plan to sustain.
Blue Beyond is a management consulting firm that helps build effective organizations where both the business and people thrive. We are experts in the “soft stuff” that is so often the hard stuff — culture, talent management, employee engagement, communications, organizational effectiveness, leadership, and change management. For more than a decade, we have partnered with global Fortune 500 companies, non-profits, universities, and small- and mid-sized firms to envision possibilities, activate their people, and execute with excellence. We’ve supported leaders and teams in nearly every industry to help them navigate change and build agile, thriving cultures. Blue Beyond has been recognized as a Great Place to Work for five years in a row and has ranked multiple times among the top 50 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in the U.S. by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE. Blue Beyond is a certified women-owned business by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).